Publick PlayhouseWith 494 seats, the Playhouse is renowned for superior acoustics and excellent sight lines from every seat. It is a historic landmark, built in 1947 and designed by John Eberson, the architect who first created “atmospheric theatre.” Renovated in 2007, the Playhouse retains its original art deco style. The Publick Playhouse is a performing facility of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Prince George's County Department of Parks and Recreation, Arts and Cultural Heritage Division.
The Publick Playhouse is located ½ mile inside the Baltimore-Washington Parkway on Route 202 in Cheverly. It offers free, on-site parking and can also be reached by buses F1, F2, F8, T18 and The Bus 18.
Participation in CultureCapital.com is provided through a partnership with the M-NCPPC Department of Parks and Recreation.
Calendar of Events